Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm baaaaack!

I have officially set a new blogging record. I am blogging only 11 months and 23 days since my last blog'cast'---instead of 12 months.
I am laughing at my last entry which was oh, so optimistic regarding my future blogging schedule.
Well, my 12 sweet months of maternity leave have flown by. My son is now 1 year and 20 days old. He is a genius--of course---did I tell you about the time he was eating a grape. . .
Anywhoo-- I have barely checked my email and sent out the obligatory baby pics, let alone had a serene moment to sit and reflect on my life and experiences.
I am awash with emotions as I enter back into the workforce--anxiety, joy, saddnes, jealousy.
Anxiety--will I remember how to teach (my 'teacher printing' has gone right down the toilet)
Joy--I will be teaching (something I spent 5 years of education and countless $$ on) and I love it
Saddness--I will not be spending every waking moment with my little boy (and my chihuahau--oh ya, and my husband)
Jealousy-- My husband will be seeing all the daily changes of our little one and I will be told about it instead of witnessing it first hand

This July I will be turning 35. I feel like I have finally grown into adulthood over the past 5 years. It is a good thing "70 is the new 50" because I am taking a long time to grow up!
It is discusting, but all the trite things you hear parents say about having children are true!--it is the best thing that ever happened to me---and I don't remember my life without my son!
Sure all the stuff about not having time for yourself is true too--but it is worth it!
I am lucky to have a spouse who is equally into parenting our child---I think that must make all the difference in one's fatigue level.

I am very happy at this time in my life. I hope that when I am feeling stressed out, by being back at work full-time, and when I get those feelings that I am not doing anything right--I can look back on this blog entry and remember the bliss of being a new mom.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home